We have a wide range of the very best shoe insoles that will help to protect and support your feet. All of the insoles found below will help to treat and ease a number of injuries including plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, Achilles tendinitis, bunions and blisters. If for what ever reason you are not 100% satisfied with your new insoles, then you can send them back to us within 30 days of purchase and we will promise to give you a full refund!
- What are best for you?
- Top insoles to buy:
What are best for you?
Do you often find that after a long day on your feet your feet start to ache and are really sore? If you do, you should definitely think about buying some off the shelf insoles to help stop this from happening!
More often than not if you start getting foot pain then a good pair of insoles will more than likely ease these aches and pains. But finding the right pair of insoles can be a very daunting task and is a lot harder than most think!
The most common reasons someone may want to buy some insoles are:
- General foot pain and discomfort from just walking and running
- You suffer from an injury that affects your feet like Plantar Fasciitis, shin splints , heel pain, metatarsalgia , neuropathy’s , stress fracture or over-pronation.
- You are an athlete and you suffer from Runners or Joggers knee and need extra cushion for shock absorption to prevent shocks from making the injury worse.
- You have Diabetics, Arthritis, or have Sensitive Feet so you require a pair of insoles to be able to promote better circulation as well as give your feet better support throughout day.
- A child Child might require extra arch support that will help with the preventing the development of a flat footed arch.
When do you need insoles?
If you happen to experience any of the following issues, then a new pair of insoles could help…
- Flat or collapsed arches of the feet: Those that suffer from having flat or collapsed arches usually need insoles that provide extra arch support. Arch supports are made to promote better foot function of the arch muscles. They will also stabilize the heel and spread pressure and tension around the sole of the foot. This will help stop this pressure and tension from being concentrated on just the arch area preventing damage.
- Suffer from frequent Blisters from your feet slipping around in your shoes: Poorly fitted shoes can cause your feet to move around in your shoes increasing the risk of your twisting your foot or spraining your ankle as well as causing friction that can separate the skin layers on your feet causing blisters, wearing supportive insoles can stop this from happening by helping to better stabilize your feet and heel in your shoes and stop them from moving around and causing problems!
- Leg length discrepancy: If you suffer from a leg length discrepancy in one or both feet, a heel lift insole can help to correct the the leg length discrepancy. Heel lifts work by adjusting the height of your heel using heel lifts stacks that can be added or taken away in order to find correct the leg length discrepancy.
No matter what your reason for buying a pair of insoles you can rest assured that buying the right ones will make a big difference in easing pain pain and correcting any condition you may have.
Types of Insoles to choose from:
Shock absorbing Insoles
Those who suffer from aches and pain in their feet because they are standing or walking on hard surfaces for prolonged periods of time will find that wearing shock-absorbing insoles have been designed to help stop this from happening.
Shock absorbing insoles are often are often made from silicone gel or foam. You can buy shock absorbing insoles in a either full length or ¾ length to suit your needs.
Sore and achy feet can also be caused by lack of arch support within your shoes. If a pair of shock absorbing insoles fails to ease your foot pain, or you find that they make it worse then this it is a sign that you need more solid support, and not even more cushioning in your shoes instead.
Sport and running insoles
Athletes or runners might want to consider buying a pair of Sports insoles that are designed just for SPORT! These types of are orthotics are built with the features and needs of the athletes in mind and their foot. Athletes often require extra heel padding as well as foot support from their insoles to better help their gait.
There are many different sports insoles designed for many different sports. For example, if you are a Runner or cyclist who wears tight cleats or running shoes you will probably need to wear sports insoles that are breathable, compact and lightweight in design, but if you are a Skier or a Snowboarder you will have to wear sports insoles which should be designed to promote heat retention but if you play hockey you will have to have a pair of sports insoles that have been made to be good at absorbing shock because of the extra shock impact that can occur when playing hockey.
Sport insoles have been made with a much firmer material than shock absorbing inserts this is because sport insoles have been made to provide structural support and to help better stabilize your feet in your shoes. With a pair of sport insoles you will find that comfort is a product of the this stability and support instead of the result of direct cushioning of the feet like with shock absorbing insoles.
Sports insoles tend to be most effective for the following:
- Correcting biomechanical misalignments in the feet, these misalignments can cause not just foot pain, but can also lead to pain in the ankles, legs hip, and back.
- Plantar fasciitis: Physiotherapists typically advise people to wear arch support insoles to help ease and promote proper recovery. Plantar fasciitis is caused by tears in the plantar fascia arch support insoles effectively give your feet a rest and time to recover by providing your feet with extra support.
- If you surfer from Supination or over-pronation (if your feet supinate it means that your feet roll outward when you walk or if you over pronate when you run or walk it usually means that your feet roll inward to much when you walk or run.). Arch support insoles are designed to help correct the pronation of your feet. when walking or running.
- You can buy these types of insoles in number of different shapes and sizes to fit your requirements!
Orthotic Arch Supports (Best choice)
Orthotic Arch Supports are considered the most common type of insole. Whilst the vast majority of people will find that wearing normal cushion or gel insoles is sufficient enough help to ease their foot pain, some people may need to wear orthotic insoles for extra support. Orthotic arch support insoles are usually are a lot more stiffer and harder than normal insoles, however orthotic insoles are a lot better for your feet as they are designed to help position your foot into the natural foot position. This will help to spread the pressure created by your bodyweight and shock from walking or running evenly on your feet foot, to do this the orthotics will make use of your foots very own fat pad. Despite orthotic insoles being better for your feet, many people are put off by how much harder orthotic insoles are compared to regular ones.
Orthotic arch supports have got differing levels of shock absorption but the vast majority have got a a sturdy arch support made to correctly support as well as keep your arch in a in a correct and natural position. Whenever someone walks or runs the arch their feet should collapse by design; but, if the arch collapses excessively the foot may develop tiny rips and tears in the muscle tissue as well as in the plantar fascia tendon that connects the heel to the toes. When this happens then that is when you have developed Plantar Fasciitis which is a very prevalent foot injury. If you often wear flip flops, sandals, or badly fitted shoes that do not properly support your feet then this can cause plantar fasciitis too.
Orthotic arch supports have been made to give your feet rigid support that will stop your arch from excessively collapsing when you walk and you foot absorbs the significant pressure created by your bodyweight. This is why, orthotics arch supports tend to be not very comfortable when ever you first start wearing the inserts; but after a few days of “breaking into” a new pair of orthotics insoles, your feet will feel a lot more comfortable and you will wonder how you ever got by without them! Here at Edunonline we have a great pair of arch support orthotics designed to be a perfect fit for those with flat feet or high arches!
Arch cushions and pads
If orthotic arch supports aren’t your thing and you want some inserts that are a little bit small and more lightweight, then a pair of arch cushions are the next best thing! Arch cushions are a great choice for people who have less serious arch problem or for people who are unable to “break in to” a pair of Orthotic arch Support. Arch Cushions are usually straps that you place around your feet that have a foam arch cushion that is positioned underneath the arch.
Padded arch cushions are worn mostly just worn for comfort, but having said that some arch cushions will help to provide support and prevent shock from causing damage to the arch. If you find that you are on your feet all day working, and you HAVE TO wear work boots or shoes that make your feet ache and painful after a long day wearing them. Wearing a pair of Cushioning arch support straps can really help to give your feet better, support shock absorption and circulation to stop your feet from aching!
How to look after your brand new insoles
- Off the shelf insoles usually have a life span of around 12 months if you are wearing them regularly in your shoes.
- Don’t just forget about your insoles. It is a good idea to Frequently remove your insoles and examine for a signs of deterioration. If you do find a signs of deterioration it is a
good idea to change them. Insoles that have deteriorated will not give your feet the support that they need and may even cause foot injuries as a result.
- It is recommended that you regularly wash your insoles by hand using a mild cleaning agent and then air them before reinserting them back into your shoes. Washing your insoles helps to stop bacteria from building up on your insoles that could other wise cause nasty smells or even foot infections.
- If you have have sweaty then it is a good idea to regularly air out your insoles by removing them from your shoes in order to let moisture stuck in between the insole and shoe escape.
If you are struggling to find a good pair of insoles for your shoes then why not check out our footcare range. Edunonline insoles are designed to help provide the very best support and comfort for your feet to stop aches and pains as well as injuries in their tracks!
If you have any questions regarding insoles or about our footcare range then please don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below and we will make it our priority to get back to you!
1. Arch support insoles from Nuovahealth
These NuovaHealth arch support insoles are great for all purposes, helping to give your feet added protection and support where they need it the most. Featuring a range of different support an protection technologies to help keep your feet comfortable and injury free no matter how long you are on your feet for. These insoles have inbuilt orthotic arch support that provides your feet with rigid support keeping strain and pressure off your plantar fascia when you walk. Not only that but the arch support will also stop your feet from excessively pronating during the gait cycle helping a common cause of foot damage. These insoles also are made from carbon fibre, carbon fibre is light weight and super effective at absorbing shock helping to keep our feet and lower limbs fully protected.
Please note that you might find that these insoles may feel uncomfortable at first due to the insoles suppressing your normal foot function. This is normal and is known as the “break in period”, your feet should get used to the support and feel more comfortable after a couple of days wearing them.
- These insoles are extremely long lasting so you do not have to keep on replacing them.
- Purposely built to stop you from getting plantar fasciitis and other common foot injuries.
- Rigid orthotic arch supporting. Motion control technology stops your feet from excessively pronating.
- Ideal for those with flat feet (fallen arches) and those with high arches who are more prone to foot pain and injuries.
- Super soft memory foam provides your feet with extra comfort and help to ease foot pain and prevent fatigue.
- Heel cups help to spread pressure underneath your heels preventing heel pain.
- Available in a number of different sizes. Can be trimmed to the right size if needed.
- Ideal for wearing if you are on your feet all day or play sports and want extra support and protection.
2. Arch support insoles from Footreviver
Second on our list are these excellent general purpose sport insoles by Footreviver. These insoles are perfect if you are an athlete or runner that is suffering from foot or heel pain. These insoles have really good arch support that has just the right amount of flexibility and rigidity to support your feet in the best position and take strain and pressure off your arches. These insoles will also help to correct biomechanical imbalances and unnatural load in your feet. This will help to prevent and treat a number of common foot problems such as plantar fasciitis. Even if you are not an athlete or runner you can still wear these inside your shoes. The shock absorbing properties of these insoles will also help to protect your feet and lower limbs, making things like shin splints a thing of the past. They are perfect for anyone who find that they re on their feet for long periods of time and suffer from foot and heel pain.
- Inbuilt arch support stop pressure and unnatural load from damaging your arches
- Ideal for athletes and runners
- Excellent shock absorption
- Heel grips keep your feet in place stopping your feet from moving around and rubbing against the sides of your shoes.
- Super light weight and slim fit.
- Can be fitted with ease into sport and casual shoes
- Ergonomically designed to better circulate air around your feet keeping them dry, feeling fresh and odourless.
3. Massaging gel insoles
Standing for long periods can definitely take its toll on your feet, but by wearing gel shock absorbing insoles like these ones can really make a difference. Shock absorbing insoles are designed to help prevent the build up of damaging pressure underneath the soles of your feet and absorb shock when you walk, which can greatly reduce foot, fatigue, pain and injury.
Made from silicone gel that actively adapts to the changing contours of your feet supporting them in the places where your feet need it the most these are some of the best gel insoles that you can currently buy at the moment.
- Available in a number of sizes to fit anyone!
- Massages your feet helping to combat foot fatigue and make your feet feel comfortable not matter how long you are on them for.
- Perfect for wearing during sports, running or for standing for long periods on hard surfaces.
- odour eating properties stops your feet from smelling and keeps them feeling super fresh all day long.
- Spreads pressure under your heels and helps stop heel pain.
- Corrects pronation
- Can be worn by people with flat and high arches.
- Stops shock from causing damage to your feet, shins, knees, hip and lower back.
- Provides great arch support helping to stop you from getting plantar fasciitis.
- Treats a number of foot injuries including plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia and Achilles tendinitis.
- Can help reduce knee, hip and lower back pain.
4. Shock absorbing Shoewawa insoles
If you have plantar fasciitis making sure you protect your feet from shock is important otherwise this shock can cause your plantar fasciitis to get worse.They have been made out of specially designed EVA material that will prevent shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs when you walk. If you suffer from ankle sprains and instabilities putting a pair of these inside your shoes will help. With inbuilt heel cups they will help to keep your heel supported and stop it from twisting and spraining making them ideal for playing sports in. Featuring a rigid arch support that helps to reduce pressure on your arch and correct over pronantion and supination when you walk or run making them ideal if you suffer from shin splints or knee tendinitis.
- Light weight and non bulky design.
- Made from shock absorbing materials to stop shock from damaging your feet and lower limbs.
- Treats and prevents a wide number of injuries.
- Helps to correct the bio-mechanics of your feet.
- Air holes help to better circulate air around your feet keeping them feeling fresh and sweat free.
- Heel cups help to give your heels better support and protection.