Home Forums T shirt printing Has anyone used Digiatal screen makers before like the GOCCOPRO 100?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  isac 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys.. I have just came across something kind of cool….very cool in fact it is the GOCCOPRO 100 a digital screen maker! Basically what it does is lets you create screen print templates on meshes without the need of actually exposing them or doing anything really it seems easier to use than a dtg printer. It does look like an awesome piece of equipment and would be a huge time saver as on demo videos it can literally create print screen meshes in minutes and the results are exactly the same as done with the conventional method. BUT the downside is that it costs a lot of money… £6200 plus the rolls of mesh’s you must use also cost a bomb as well. Is the investment worth it?

Mike

I have seen this machine being advertised on various sites and I am rather skeptical to say the least.
    After a bit of digging around I found out that yes it will save you a lot of time creating screen to print on but there are also a lot of drawbacks as well such as the fact that you have to buy expensive nylon mesh’s to create your screen which cannot be reused.. you also have to stretch the mesh yourself onto a frame and because the mesh is nylon it will be very stretchy and unstable which is not good for screen printing!

Something else that is important to mention is that the warranty on this £6000 machine is only 14 MONTHS!!!! 14 months for something that costs this much and something that you are going to have to use day in day out is just asking for trouble..
    imagine after 15 months you turn on the machine and it just doesn’t work!

isac

This machine is an expensive gimmick and will not match up to real screen templates that have been exposed properly. If you search around you will find people complaining that the screens people are making with these things are not “exposing” correctly if exposing is the right word because how this machine works is that it uses heat to essentially burn away the nylon on the mesh to create your template. For £6k you can buy a lot of cool equipment for your t shirt business that will give you a lot better results.. rather than buying a relatively new piece of equipment that hasn’t really been fully tested and the few people who have tested it say that it isn’t that good anyway.

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT IS THE FACT THAT YOU ARE HAVING TO STRETCH YOUR SCREENS AFTER YOU HAVE PRINTED ONTO THE NYLON MESH IS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO ALIGN EACH SCREEN YOU MAKE IF YOU ARE DOPING MULTIPLE COLORS FOR A DESIGN PERFECTLY ELSE THE INK WILL NOT FALL IN THE RIGHT PLACES AND YOU WILL BE MESSED UP GOOD AND PROPER.

All the best!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.