Home Forums T shirt printing Screen printing for one off designs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eddy 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was wondering is it possible to do screen prints for one off custom design for ebay or is that impossible?

john

It is possible but considering you have to make a silk screen template per each design (if you have more than one color you are going to have to make screen templates for each color) it just isn’t worth it. On ebay people will not pay top dollar for custom t shirts even if the t shirts have been screen printed and are of the best possible quality….
    Screen printing can be a real pain to do, it takes time to prepare a silk screen because you have set up everything and the whole process takes a long time (you got to wait for things to dry properly)… people on ebay want quick delivery and want things cheap although screen printing can be cheap to do once you have the template but it is often just left for mass production for designer gear rather than what people are buying for on ebay such as one off custom t shirts for stag parties and what have you because it is just far too labor intensive.

All that being said many printing methods have their roots from way back.. its just the technology that has advanced and made things easier… I think there are plenty new ways of doing printing out there that are yet to be invented so there is nothing stopping you from developing your totally new method of screen printing…. basically all you have to do is think of a way of evenly applying Plastisol Ink to a t shirt whilst blocking off certain bits of the t shirt to create your design but that is easier said than done.

jason

Thank you so much for your reply! I think your right I will stick with heat transfers for cheap ebay orders. Thanks again.

eddy

I would love something that could do this too but unfortunately there isn’t anyway to do this.. if there was a dtg printer that could basically screen print t shirts then that printer would be a heck of a lot of money!! Lol someone should try and invent one as I am sure they would make looooooads!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.