Home Forums T shirt printing vinyl prints washing off!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

How long do you actually have to wait until you can wash a vinyl printed t shirt? I have just started vinyl printing and I put a couple of my t shirts I printed straight into the washing machine after I printed them and the vinyl just washed straight of because I don’t think it set properly.. or I didn’t apply the vinyl properly…. I am hoping that vinyl prints need time to dry before they get washed.. else there is something more seriously wrong with how I am doing my vinyls. Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks.

john

Hello melon. For vinyl prints I would wait at least 24 hours for the print to settle and set.. when you washed the vinyl did it all come off? I wouldn’t have thought that this should happen even if you have put it straight into the wash after printing it… What heatpress are you using? I would check to see if your heat press is working properly and is applying the right amount of heat and temperature. Use a heat gun if you have to check the heat is correct on all of the surface of your heat press.

Hope this works and good luck with you vinyls!

Mike

I agree with john vinyl prints really shouldn’t be washing off at all.. you should def look again at your heat press and how you are applying the vinyl to the t shirt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.