0%

commision or fees for selling:

Eco-Friendly & Sustainable Products

It's free to join...

Become a vendor today!

Home main Forums Eco Friendly Food wastage

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  martin 1 year ago.

• Author

Senzu
    Participant

Has anyone used a supermarket cafe/restaurant recently? The amount of food wastage in the Abergavenny branch of Morrisons on Sunday had to be seen to be believed. People leaving half of their meals etc. I always thought the food wastage figures were exaggerated, but not now. I can see that these outlets also generate a huge amount of plastic. Scanning around the entrance to see whats on offer….just about everything wrapped in the stuff.

alx
    Participant

Also noticed it in lots of cafés, people ordering large breakfast and then only eating half if it and despoiling uneaten items.

Doesn’t stop at food, people only smoking half a cigarette, don’t smoke but might make sense if you have a health concern.

Couple buying a multi-bedroom house and only sleeping in one.

That’s why us humans don’t really have a future as greed and selfishness seems to a dominant trait.

stevee
      Participant

“Couple buying a multi-bedroom house and only sleeping in one.”

Ahh, but what do you do if you have a blazing row before bedtime?

andy
      Participant

Also noticed it in lots of cafés, people ordering large breakfast and then only eating half if it and despoiling uneaten items.

I did some part-time work in a cafe while back and this always used to amaze me. Small cafe (5/6 staff, 15-20 tables) and the food waste bin would be filled twice a day, mainly due to food that had been sold rather than kitchen waste.

Doesn’t stop at food, people only smoking half a cigarette, don’t smoke but might make sense if you have a health concern.

Couple buying a multi-bedroom house and only sleeping in one.

I personally ensure to sleep in all the rooms in my place rather than use them for alternative things. Just because an estate agent brands something a bedroom doesn’t mean it has to be one of course. Unless you want to think of a spare bedroom as a bedroom for my gym/outdoor/cycling gear.

That’s why us humans don’t really have a future as greed and selfishness seems to a dominant trait.

Indeed. (see above re: my room use)

martin
    Participant

Is that due to the food being rubbish/inedible?

I like to try and reduce food waste by eating all my portions, and any leftovers from my wife’s plate as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shop By Department