0%

commision or fees for selling:

Eco-Friendly & Sustainable Products

It's free to join...

Become a vendor today!

Home main Forums General Chat Work Q – Replacing UPS, but who with?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  elly1 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

martin
    Participant

We are having to review our shipping costs as our supplier recently took on another distributor, based in the Netherlands, and they are HUUUGE compared to little old us. So, they have much lower shipping costs than we can currently offer with UPS. (needs to be tracked, and 2 – 3 day service) UPS have consistently put their pricing up even though our shipping volumes have increased.

I have made a short-list of others to speak to, but wondered if there are any personal experiences anyone can share, to help, as I’ve not done this before…… So far I have DHL and FedEx. TNT are being bought by FedEx so assume they won’t be that different.

Thanks in advance!!

alx
    Participant

No idea if they are good / bad / indifferent but where I work use DPD (and UPS).

andrew
    Participant

Have you tried Royal Mail? They do tracked business mail and are supposed to be bringing in same day delivery. Plus as the only regulated provider if they don’t deliver you have got them. I avoid DpD due to their treatment of drivers after one died as he couldn’t afford the fine for missing his shift.

martin
      Participant

That’s pretty shocking. I know all delivery staff are pushed hard, but that’s another level….

andrew
      Participant

They are self employed on some kind of franchise from what I can tell. If they don’t cover their round they are in trouble!

martin
    Participant

Thanks both – I think both DPD and Royal Mail would only be for UK deliveries – the majority of ours go over to Europe. 🙁

bbbb
    Participant

We use both Fedex and DHL-both have their good and bad points! On the whole I would go with DHL.

Dax
    Participant

We use DHL all over the world – would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Clare
    Participant

DHL are fantastic (Warning – I am not impartial on this subject, I have massive bias towards them)

elly1
      Participant

Hmmm… This week they left my £120 M&S parcel by my front door in full view of the road and any passersby whilst I was in I might add, I literally went upstairs to get something came back down and could see it lying just outside my front door. They didn’t knock or ring on the doorbell. The delivery person lied and said they “left it in safe place”. Luckily I’m in a low crime area.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shop By Department